Time For Meat
by Steve Countryman

Hebrews 5:11-14 11We have much to say about this, but it is hard to explain because you are slow to learn. 12In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God's word all over again. You need milk, not solid food! 13Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness. 14But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil. Hebrews 6:1-3 1Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God, 2instruction about baptisms, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment. 3And God permitting, we will do so. The milk of the Word is for the immature or infant in Christ. The meat of the Word is for the mature in Christ. Understanding the difference can help you know where you are in your Christian walk and how far you must go. After reading the above verses you will notice that Paul refers to the elementary teachings about Christ as it relates to the immature in Christ. The sad truth is that today's church and church body isn't that far down the road from being a new born infant in Christ. Until we the church body do "greater things than these" the sick are healed, demons are cast out and the dead are raised and more as a daily routine in the church and out on the streets, in the market place, at work, in schools and in homes we will continue to be considered infants in Christ! It is time for the solid food of the Word, it is time for meat!

What God revealed to me in prayer was part of the meaning of being mature in Christ. The natural represents the immature and the supernatural represents the mature. It can be viewed as the difference between what is seen in the natural and what is unseen in the supernatural. The example I was given was the sick are healed as you witness and are actively part of the Holy Spirit who is working through you, likewise casting out demons and raising the dead. You get to see the physical evidence in the natural and are a witness to the manifested power of the Holy Spirit's supernatural work. The "meat" or mature side of the Word is what is not seen. When you "see" the diseases leave the sick people, when you "see" the demons leave the possessed people, when you "see" life enter back into the dead person, that is when we Christians are seeing with mature eyes the unseen as the Holy Spirit works through us! 2 Kings 6:15-17 15 When the servant of the man of God got up and went out early the next morning, an army with horses and chariots had surrounded the city. "Oh, my lord, what shall we do?" the servant asked. 16 "Don't be afraid," the prophet answered. "Those who are with us are more than those who are with them." 17 And Elisha prayed, "O LORD, open his eyes so he may see." Then the LORD opened the servant's eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha. Spiritual maturity will open your eyes to help you "see" the unseen in the supernatural!

What kind of state is your imagination in? What are the limits of your imagination? You serve a God who routinely performs miracles, signs and wonders way beyond the outer fringes of your imagination! The supernatural giftings of the Holy Spirit are yours to use if you will only allow the Holy Spirit lead you in them. Discernment is one of those giftings and is more actively at work in you then you might give it credit for. But are you using it or ignoring it? Discernment helps you realize and differentiate between right or what is righteous and evil or what is wrong. Discernment helps you tell the difference between good and evil spirits. Discernment helps to bring a "word of knowledge" regarding someone or something that allows you to represent your heavenly Father's Kingdom to others. Too often it is ignored as a "nudging" about something that we don't want to acknowledge as a spiritual issue. Later you look back on the entire incident and realize that it was a Holy Spirit encounter that you ignored and missed.

There are some basic things about God that we all too often miss. God delights in you! God delights to work in you, changing and sanctifying you through the working of the Holy Spirit. God delights to work with you as you mature in Him. God delights to work for you and on your behalf to bring you to full maturity. God delights to work to you as He blesses you with ALL spiritual blessings. God delights to work through you as you allow Him access to different areas of your life. God delights in doing things beyond your imagination. God delights in your total obedience. God delights in your faith and trust in Him. God delights in your total dependency on Him! God delights being strong through your weaknesses as you are asked to do things beyond your capabilities and to do those things that take you out of your "comfort zone". God knows what awesome potential is in you, His Son Jesus, and what you are capable of. It is time for meat! To move from immaturity to maturity takes a closer walk with God, spending time with God and in His Word, receiving God's super faith, God's super trust and allowing God to direct you as you move through His supernatural realm. Spiritual maturity is by God's grace...spiritual awakening, spiritual awareness, spiritual growth, spiritual maturity which all leads to spiritual oneness with father God. Are you ready?!?


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print