Think, use your mind
by Michael Hume

"Give careful thought to your ways." Haggai 1.7. God is a great thinker and the most intelligent being in existence. He thinks before He acts, and thinks things through God wants us to think, not be thoughtless. How often this verse has jolted me out of a stupor. Maybe work is dumbing you down too much. Life is not only about faith, and physical exercise. The mind is needed too, and comes before the body.

Some things we accept in faith, and even then we should have the gift of discernment guiding us, as well as wisdom, experience, thoughtfulness. But we are still meant to think. You need your mind also to test an idea and the Holy Spirit will always guide.This is encouraging to me when I'm not spending enough time thinking. I pray and pray, but there are times when God says, stop, think and organise yourself. Which books you should be reading. How you should be approaching your work. I can wait and wait, but eventually God says think. So I do.

God must have put a lot of thought into his actions. He's done a lot of things. Think of the many science branches. Astronomy, botany, biology, zoology, geology, marine biology, etc. A lot of these branch into more precise sciences. Students learn what God already knows.

New branches of thought emerge in the arts, computer science, technology, the media, etc.. Yet God knows more than everyone. He has created it all. The universe and everythng in it. Man is simply uncovering what God already knew before he put it together. Before you create an earthen pot you must know how to make it. The potter is greater than the pot. God thinks before he acts. He sees the end product before He starts. Think. God's given us a brain. Use it wisely for his purpose. It is unhealthy to take good care of the body and neglect the mind. A balance is needed. So use the mind. Think, study, read, write, take notes, observe, and be imaginative. Plan ahead when you should and enjoy the journey.

Satan would have us be thoughtless and conformist. He doesn't want us to think since that would pose a threat to his realm and plans. To offset that think.

May God bless you.

Michael Hume. The Holy Spirit teaches you everything.  Copyright belongs to author.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print