Scriptures Vs. Experiences with God
by S Mariah

"YOU (the Pharisees) search the Scriptures because you think they give you eternal life. But the Scriptures point to me! Yet you refuse to come to me to receive this life." John 5:39-40

We are so familiar with this Scripture, that we might have neglected it and thought it's not referring to any of us as Christians....but truly....it can refer some of us too....

It is good to equip ourselves well with the Words of God, that's important for it helps us to discern 'right' from 'wrong' teaching, any theories in the world. Only through the knowledge of God's word, shall we know what are the false teachings in the world.

It has nothing wrong with equipping ourselves with more of the knowledge of God through other books' reading....but personal experience with God is even more beneficial and powerful to our walk with God. Yes, even more beneficial and powerful.

I like a particular preacher very much because for whatever she says, is coming from her personal journey with Christ, she has learned to be humble before God, she has learned not to be proud or just craving after status and quo, but truly establish a personal and close relationship with Jesus. She hated her father but then through the changes in her - that Holy Spirit worked in her inner life, that she finally forgave her father and brought her father to Know Christ.....Her testimony is a 'living' testimony for all to see, and many will be thanking God for her because the changes they see in her is REAL, she does not just preach the words to the world, through her personal journey with GOD, others see her life changed by the power of GOD, so all men will give GLORY to God and acknowledge God is indeed working in her life.

Well, we meant to also live a life like this, brothers and sisters. Our lives have to be transparented for all to see, and when the Light of Christ shine on us, our lives should be changed, all our pasts is gone, and be replaced by the newness in Christ, other people SHOULD BE ABLE to see the changes in us.....His light would shine through us to others.......this is what it means to be really baptised with Christ in His death, that all our pasts - the dead sins have been buried with Christ, our old dirty clothes have replaced by a new clothes (we are covered by the love of Christ), our clothes are no longer look dirty but clean.

We need to look at our lives, and really see if we have changes in us, when we are truly transformed by God, others should see changes in us, that has to be the proof to show others, God's power is active and powerful, we need to let His power be shown in our lives. If not....then we might be just like the Pharisees, read and read but without real transformation, read and read but without real transparency. Read and read but without real revelation....

Reading is reading, transformation is activated by God's power. Revelation is revealed only when we are openly accepting the teaching from Christ, if our ears are blocked to His teaching, if our spirits are not tune into His channel, we cannot know Him in a close way, may God help us to crave for that closeness in Him, may we not get satisfied with our 'knowledge of the Bible' but truly long for the power of God in our lives that can be a "living testimony" to all, so that all glories and honor will belong to Christ alone. Amen.

S. Mariah - passionate about the sexually-broken. 
Please visit http://Jesusloveslgbt.org  for more articles on homosexuality.

My e-books, please visit: 

https://www.amazon.com/She-confused-Wandering-wonderful-imagination-ebook/dp/B08HHLCHR3/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=The+âsheâ+confused&qid=1599

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print