Our Daily Bread
by S Mariah

".....This bread is my flesh (Jesus said) which I will give for the life of the world." John 6:51

"Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him." John 6:56

Jesus promised us that He will remain in us as we remain in Him by eating His flesh and drinking His blood. Oh what a terrifying thing to do, to eat and drink Him.....

Have you ever thought of the people in the old time, when they heard of Jesus saying to them, to eat Him and to drink Him...how will we react really if Jesus is among us now and telling us exactly the same thing.....?? Will some of us leave Jesus immediately because His words is just so hard for us to take? Will some of us do that?

Pause and Think

What about the bread? He said He is the bread of life.

"The spirit gives life, the flesh counts for nothing. The WORDS I have spoken to you are (spirit) and they are (life)." John 6:63

So He is the bread of life...He asked us to go and eat Him. That He might remain in us and we in Him.

What about His blood represents? We know He shed His blood for our sins that we might have life in Him. His blood we drink as we come to the Lord's table monthly to break the bread and drink the cup, we remember His death for all of us as we drink and eat.

As we remember His death, we drink His blood, we eat His bread to receive LIFE. In verse 63, it says His WORDS they are "Life", His WORDS does not contain life. BUT THEY ARE LIFE. HIS WORDS ARE "LIFE".

"In Him was (LIFE), and that (LIFE) was the light of men." John 1:4

When we come to His WORDS = LIFE, His words will become our 'Light' in darkness to shine for us. Light has already overcome the darkness around us, do you believe it?

Let us praise and thank Him for the LIFE which is in His words. Let us come and hunger for His words daily. Amen.

S. Mariah - passionate about the sexually-broken. 
Please visit http://Jesusloveslgbt.org  for more articles on homosexuality.

My e-books, please visit: 

https://www.amazon.com/She-confused-Wandering-wonderful-imagination-ebook/dp/B08HHLCHR3/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=The+âsheâ+confused&qid=1599

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print