Be the Rescuer!
by S Mariah

"And you must show (mercy) to those whose faith is wavering. Rescue others by snatching them from the flames of judgment. Show mercy to still others, but do so with great caution, hating the sins that contaminate their lives." Jude 22-23

Within our circle, we might have different types of friends from church, some are strong in one thing, others are strong in another thing. We all have gifted in different ways (as we are the many 'parts' of the BODY).

We are told to show (mercy) to those who are weak in faith, not to show impatience, not to show lack of understanding, not to show criticism over that person. We are to show MERCY. When one is merciful, I believe that the person can be gentle and humble, he/she will not see himself or herself too highly of themselves. Jesus most of the times rescuing and saving lives up on the road, he will response to peoples' cry for help and we seldom find Him rejecting those who go to Him for help. He is always MERCIFUL - He will meet peoples' hunger and thrists (whether it's physical or spiritual, or both). If he is so proud, and arrogance in His own eyes, perhaps Jesus would not even take a look at those sinners around Him at all (if only he was prideful or thought highly of himself towards others) Instead, He has shown Himself to be MERCIFUL.

We need to like Jesus rescuing others from the flames of judgment. Have you joined the rescuing team? To rescue those who have fallen into sin, have you spent time to comfort and guide those who have gone astray, or do you rebuke them harshly, make them feel more guilty than they should, and just leave them alone and never gonna contact them again? Have you abandoned them because you think you are much better than others? So you have neglected to show them mercy and patience?????

Jesus will not abandon those who are in great need, He goes and meets those needs.

And this verse reminds us to show mercy to still some others......the last few sentences hinted to us that those people are probably those who are still struggling with sin, still commiting sins, for it reminds us to be in great caution for their sins....not to get ourselves into the same temptation, but with great caution towards those sins....Be on the alert not to fall into the same sins, not to hate that person but hate the sins enough in order to love, rescue and help that person out of that struggle.

Hating sins is important, it indicated that in Proverbs 8:13, "All who fear the Lord will hate evil. Therefore, I hate pride and arrogance, corruption and perverse speech."

When we fear the Lord, we will naturally hate 'sins' around us. As we know that "sins" is the sting of death, "sins" causes people to go to hell, it stings the person.

But the person himself is a human being - a weak human being. We have the tendency to fall short of God's glory, it's part of our human nature as - weak.

Are you willing to rescue the 'weak'? Will you hate the stings of sin enough to go and help your struggling friends??

Pray that we will all be used by God to help and rescue others, not to be satisfied in our own spiritual growth, but to join in the rescue team for God's mission to rescue the lost. God bless you.


S. Mariah - passionate about the sexually-broken. 
Please visit http://Jesusloveslgbt.org  for more articles on homosexuality.

My e-books, please visit: 

https://www.amazon.com/She-confused-Wandering-wonderful-imagination-ebook/dp/B08HHLCHR3/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=The+âsheâ+confused&qid=1599

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print