The ONE BODY mindset
by S Mariah

"Yes, there are many parts, but only one body. The eye can never say to the hand, "I don't need you." The head can't say to the feet, "I don't need you." - 1 Corinthians 12:20-21

There were times if we are being honest with ourselves, we might not be that accepting for all men and women in church, we might not see others as important as they really are in Christ, we might dislike some and please some others instead. It is not an uncommon thing to see somehow.

Here reminds us about the BODY OF CHRIST - it comprises of many parts. Maybe you called yourself as the feet, others are perhaps 'hands'. Whether you are the head, the hands or the feet....the body needs all.

This BODY is not what we hope for sometimes....This construction of the BODY does not put together based on our personal preferences, or our likes or dislikes...it is NOT UP TO US to decide at all, we have basically NO RIGHTS to say we like it or not. We just need to accept the parts of the body.

When we learn to accept one another, fixing our gaze on the works of God - for God is using every parts of the body for different works done....

"So it makes no difference whether I preach or they preach, for we all preach the SAME MESSAGE you have already believed." 1 Corinthians 15:11

Here we see that, the attitude of acknowledging one another's gift in God, and acknowledging that the ONENESS in Christ. Whether I preach, or others preach, it doesn't matter much..as long as the Gospel is preached around the world. There were times we might argue with who should do this and who should look after that....we might argue about the tasks allocation, feeling unfair as you have been doing so much in church while others just being so lay back, not doing anything at all...you complain, you murmur about things like this....

Here, in verse 11 is reminding us not to have that self-centeredness, whether you do more, whether others do less, it doesn't matter....whether you preach or others preach, the message remains the same, the purpose remains the same....you do more than others, good on you...but if others are not doing the same portion as you do, just let that person goes...for we will receive praise and rewards from God at the end of the day...it is God that we serve, it is God that we glorify, it is God that we work for....we do not need to look at others, getting jealous, envy with them.....as long as we do our works well, that's about it!

Let us all work for God with a humble attitude, not to measure our works with others, do our works well, work for God, receive the rewards purely from God...let us respect one another as the BODY, respect the differences in the BODY. May God strengthens us to do so, Amen.

S. Mariah - passionate about the sexually-broken. 
Please visit http://Jesusloveslgbt.org  for more articles on homosexuality.

My e-books, please visit: 

https://www.amazon.com/She-confused-Wandering-wonderful-imagination-ebook/dp/B08HHLCHR3/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=The+âsheâ+confused&qid=1599

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print