"Once Saved Always Saved!"
by Steve Countryman

Being brought up in a Pentecostal environment, I have heard this said time and time again. First I have to say that this phrase is not found in scripture. It is used as an assurance to salvation being an eternal decision. The truth is that being a "true believer" or saved person comes down to an attitude of the heart. Some will say that they have accepted Christ as their savior but they have made their salvation conditional. That God would extend His grace to them and allow them to continue in a sinful lifestyle and call it righteous living. That is taking the Gospel and changing it to fit your life and lifestyle not changing your life to fit Christ's life and lifestyle! They are not willing to "sacrifice" their sinful ways for Christ. True believers accept Christ according to the Gospel with ALL of their heart, mind, body and soul and do so without conditions. Christ paid the ultimate sacrifice for all of us. Once saved we are to sacrifice our daily lives, our sinful past and our sinful ways to allow the Holy Spirit to work in us, changing us from glory to glory. This is the sanctifying process, the Holy Spirit perfecting Christ in us!

Hebrews 6:4-6 4It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, 5who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age, 6if they fall away, to be brought back to repentance, because to their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace. Matthew 7:21-23 21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!' Matthew 21:43-44 43"Therefore I tell you that the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people who will produce its fruit. 44He who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces, but he on whom it falls will be crushed." Matthew 24:10-13 10At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.

These people can work under an anointing from heaven but still not be true believers. Just as Jesus states that some of them can prophesy, do miracles and deliverances but not be true believers. These are the ones who operate under their own agenda as Christian want-to-bes. They think that by all of their "works" they will make it to heaven. Not by God's salvation plan but by earning their own way.

John 17:6-8 6"I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word. 7Now they know that everything you have given me comes from you. 8For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me. The true believers are the ones referred to in John 17 above. These are the ones that God chose before time began. Those who God calls His own. They are the ones who have been saved according to God's grace and the work of the cross. They have sacrificed their old sinful lifestyle and have given their bodies as living sacrifice to God daily. They are committed, dedicated and work at their salvation with fear and trembling daily. According to scripture they cannot be snatched out of God's hands!

Titus 3:10-11 10Warn a divisive person once, and then warn him a second time. After that, have nothing to do with him. 11You may be sure that such a man is warped and sinful; he is self-condemned. *Divisive person, the Greek for this phrase became a term in the early church for a type of heretic who promoted dissension by propagating extreme views of legitimate Christian truths. Stubborn refusal to listen to correction reveals inner perversion. They are cursed and they bring curses down on themselves, their own families and friends that believe them. Those who claim to be Christian but down the road turn totally away from God. They reject Jesus Christ as the only Son of God. They take the Gospel and change it to suit themselves or have some twisted beliefs that are contrary to the Bible. Some will blend or compromise their beliefs to include worldly views and sinful ways and/or habits. I feel that they were never really born again believers to start with. Those who are of the world and who love the world but who pretend to be Christian. They are posers, deceivers and heretics! Be careful not to fall prey to the false prophets and their false teachings. If it doesn't align with ALL of God's Word then it is not from God! Are you ready!?! *from footnotes of the NIV study Bible


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print