Facebook vs Father's Book
by PamFord Davis

1-2-3 I learned to count on the tips of my fingers as a child, in the golden years I number closest friends on the fingers of one hand. I have formed many warm relationships across the decades, acquaintances add spice to life and I have added interesting ingredients to my favorite friend recipes on facebook.

Global users of the facebook craze find access to mutual friends from yesteryear and present; we simply send a friend request and await an approval message in our email box. We've got mail; a friend has linked via the World Wide Web. I am baffled to see the numbers of friends attributed to individuals I have found on facebook profiles; it seems unlikely they have that many loyal friends.

I anticipate a face-to-face meeting with mutual friends of Jesus. "I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you (John 15:15 NIV)." Our dearest friend wants us to know the joys of his intimate relationship and enduring strength of being his mutual friends. The numbers of those included in God's book boggle my mind!

Sums are beyond a mathematician's calculations; spiritually I visualize the global "Web" as World-Wide-Worshipers. God has kept all promises to his friend Abraham through his seed, Jesus. "I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore (Genesis 22:17a NIV)." Friends, pencil me in for a night of stargazing on a sandy beach. 1-2-3We are mutual friends of Jesus for eternity.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print