The Will Of God For the Wicked Today
by Ngozi Nwoke

What is the will of God for sinners? Many times people think they know the will of God concerning certain things when they are actually ignorant of it. But God has written His will concerning EVERY issue in His word. This article is about God's will for the wicked.

The bible (the word of God) is full of God's mind for everything. A study of the bible reveals the will of God for any sinner. And ignorance has made some people to condemn unbelievers. And some of the wicked, not being aware of God's strong desire for them, have tagged themselves unqualified for God's kingdom.

God's will for the wicked is that they be saved. Let's look at 2 passages on God's will for sinners:

Ezekiel 33:11 (KJV) - Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

Mathew 18:12-14 (KJV) - How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray. Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish. (Emphasis is mine)

Now, does it mean that God likes the actions of the wicked? NO! God loves sinners but hates sin. Anybody who continues in sin will surely perish, (Psalm 37:20) but anyone who turns from his wicked ways shall be saved (Ezekiel 33:14-16)

God in His infinite wisdom, made a way of escape for the sinner through Jesus Christ. Whosoever believes in Jesus will not perish but have eternal life, (John 3:16). This provision for salvation proves that the will of God for sinners is that they be saved.

Therefore, the wicked have every opportunity to change their ways. God's arms are ever open to receive any sinner who will turn back to Him, (Luke 15:11-24 - The prodigal son). When you are in Christ, you become a new creature: old things will be passed away and all things will become new, (2 Corinthians 5:17)

Furthermore, this will of God for sinners mandates every believer, who desires to do the will of God, to go forth and share the good news with the wicked, (Mathew 28:19-20)

In conclusion, no matter what the wicked may have done, God is interested in them returning to Him and not in their destruction.

Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print