Life is my Hobby
by Marijo Phelps

Life is my Hobby

I am retired. Have been collecting cook books for years and years and used to tell anyone who'd listen that they were my new hope chest. I hoped I slowed down long enough to be able to use them someday.

It is a mystery to me exactly what happened in my retirement, I still have no time for cookbooks. Mind you, I love to cook and do most often now that we live in the middle of the mountain meadow but rarely anything from the cookbooks.

I am supposed to have more time to myself now that I have gained "R" status. Whoever thought that isn't here yet. Not punching a time clock means that I plant flowers and actually have time to water them and watch them bloom. I also became "tree lady". I quit counting a couple years back when we'd planted more than 200 trees and shrubs on this "flat, buildable lot" here in the mountain meadow.

One thing I have a bit more time for is writing I have been in love with that craft since I got my first piece published at age 4 (yes, mom was my "agent") Actually, I don't have time, I take time and the dust is thicker on the furniture than it ever has been before. We live on a dirt road, what can I say?

Sharing my writing with others is a joy too. Friends and relatives who seem to be going through a similar life crisis that I have experienced know I do really understand. I can share what I have poured out on paper from my heart, sometimes from my tears, but always remembering God's faithfulness in getting me through those "not so fun" times.

I have another hobby that I wouldn't have actually signed up for but it goes with the 16 paws we have running around our place. Mutt Mommy, Nurse, Pooper-Scooper, Can Opener, Swizzle Stick Thumper some of those "hobbies" aren't so bad and then there is barf bag lady. Ohhhh.

Occasionally I leave the mountain meadow to get groceries, take a truck to the doctor or go myself to a doctor that has been happening way too much lately but at least Medi-care is still working, I think.

The Lord has blessed us with a bit of rain and bunches of wild flowers. Mick is working full time which hasn't always been true this year. And he hasn't complained a bit about my not using those cookbooks.

Notice that bobby is looking up to see what is on his head he wouldn't hold still so I fixed that!

Come by my blog spot for more photos and interesting reading:
http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print