Elijah
by Michael Hume

Elijah was an extraordinary man of faith. He relied on God hugely.

What is written about his life in the Bible is remarkable.

He went to heaven directly without experiencing bodily death. As far as I know only Enoch may have had that rare privilege in the Bible.

He was fed by ravens. That itself is a rarity.

Elijah had a strong type of faith. A deep, true and holy being. He had a lot of quality. Sometimes quality counts more than quantity.

Elijah did many miracles. Like calling down fire on the sacrifice on Mount Carmel, calling down fire on some soldiers, and raising the widows son to life when he died.

Parting the river Jordan with his cloak was another miracle.

Elijah often walked alone with God. He spent time alone with Him and was very much an outdoors man.

His earthly ministry didn't end with the chariots of fire and horses of fire. When Jesus was on earth, God sent Elijah and Moses to talk to him. God chose two significant men of faith to chat with Jesus.

Before Jesus there aren't many characters recorded in the Bible doing so many miracles. Moses is one and Elisha is mentioned too, but Elijah is a role model and significant man of faith.

Michael Hume. The Holy Spirit teaches you everything.  Copyright belongs to author.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print