Believe That You Receive
by Gary J. Borgstede

Scripture

Mark 11:24 "Therefore I [Jesus] say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them."

Observation

In this verse, Jesus teaches His disciples to have faith in God when they pray because with God all things are possible. In this teaching situation with Jesus, the disciples were astonished that a fig tree which Jesus had cursed the day before actually had withered away and died by His Word. In response to their astonishment, the Lord makes an even more astonishing declaration to His disciples if we have faith to believe what we say when we pray, it will be done. Wow, what a tremendous promise from our Lord!

Application

As I pray about having overcoming victory in the trials and challenges that I experience in life, I can take great comfort in knowing that the Lord hears my prayers and by faith I will have what I say when I believe in Christ to receive the answer to my prayers. This means that even if my faith is as small as a mustard seed, there is no mountain or trial in life too big for the Lord to remove when I respond in prayerful faith, boldly speaking to the mountain, and believing to receive the promises of God regarding my situation. The mountains in my life may be big; however, the Maker of mountains my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ - is simply bigger and His faithfulness reaches to the heavens!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I praise You for You are El Shaddai, my All Powerful and All Sufficient Heavenly Father! Thank You for the authority given to me to come boldly before Your throne of grace and ask for the seemingly impossible situations in my life to be made possible by Your faithfulness to respond to my faith even if my faith may be as small as a mustard seed. When I pray, in faith, I believe that I receive what I say because all of Your promises are Yes and Amen in Christ Jesus to Your glory through us! Thank You for hearing my specific prayers and answering them in Jesus Name! I love You Jesus! Amen!

Believe That You Receive Copyright 2011, Gary J. Borgstede. You have permission to reprint the personal devotion, Believe That You Receive, in its entirety only, and forward to your colleagues and friends, provided the copyright notice remains part of the reprint and transmission. All other rights reserved.

Gary J. Borgstede is the published author of the leadership books titled, The Make It Happen Journey and Kings Come Forth, as well as the faith-based leadership education blog at www.makeithappenmoment.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print