"I Can Do Nothing Less!"
by Steve Countryman

The vision was of me standing in front of a threshold, doorway, with a view, level, and a perspective of a supernatural reality. One door closes and another opens. Often a door in the Bible represents a declaration, decision, opportunity or an invitation. God opened the door and the invitation is given. He shows you the opportunity and awaits your decision and declaration. Will you decide to trust, believe and have faith in Him? That He will provide the grace that you need to do what He wants you to do? Will you go through the door?

The decision to surrender all and let God lead and direct you into a new dimension, a new level of trust, a new level of knowledge, a new level of experience and a new level of power! This requires you to be willing to step out, step up and step in to what God has for you.

At first I was filled with apprehension and fear of the unknown at my vision. Then I realized that if this is what God wants me to do and knowing that He holds nothing good back from His children, then I had to trust Him to take care of me and provide the grace I needed to enter in. That surrendering to Him allowed God to reveal to me what it was that He wanted to share "I can do nothing less then what God says that I can do!" Wow, how that changed my thinking.

The more that I thought on it and prayed about it the more He revealed to me. If God deserves our best and He is worthy of our best, then how can we do anything less then what He says that we can do? That brings it into the present, NOW, rather then us "waiting for it" or "someday" being at that level.

More of the obvious...Being human and being born into a sinful life of limits and restrictions, we cannot do anything for God in the supernatural on our own. It can ONLY be done through His grace, power, sovereignty, spirit and our willingness to believe and obey. That makes it obvious that it is God through us who does the supernatural! We can do all things through Jesus Christ who strengthens us. Total alignment and agreement with unity with and through God the Father, Jesus His Son and the Holy Spirit.

Proverbs 8:34 Blessed is the man who listens to me, watching daily at my doors, waiting at my doorway.
Deuteronomy 6:4-9 4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. 5 Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 8 Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 9 Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.
Deuteronomy 15:17 then take an awl and push it through his ear lobe into the door, and he will become your servant for life. Do the same for your maidservant.
Matthew 7:8 For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.
Luke 13:24 He said to them, "Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to.

We pray to God and tell Him how desperate we are for Him and how much we need God in our lives. With times as tough as they are and all of us needing different kinds of help, praying to God should be an obvious necessity. It doesn't make sense that when you pray for God's help that you aren't willing to surrender your entire life to God. How can you ask for God's help and intervention and not be willing to let go of the sins, bad habits, un-forgiveness, bad friends and "harmful things". That is like holding on to a red hot fire log crying out for help but being unwilling to let go of the log. Surrender your problems, your worries, your cares, your finances, your troubles, your fears and most of all that you should surrender your will to His. For the existence of mankind is for His pleasure. As a child of the Most High God "I can do nothing less".


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print