Well Worn Birth Certificate
by PamFord Davis

My husband is interested in genealogy and has a vast array of notebooks with documentation of relatives' vital statistics, as well as memorable stories of his ancestors. Family history buffs discover interesting information recorded in birth and death certificates. Those who filled out the paperwork were merely doing a routine job; future generations would have the opportunity to unravel the mysteries of life and death. Dig out your birth certificate; you might have overlooked something about your own beginnings.

Recently the department of motor vehicles asked my husband to present both his birth certificate and social security card; as we waited, we both read his well-worn birth certificate. The certificate had a space to enter the amount of time between the arrival of his mother at the hospital until his birth and I was surprised to read it was so brief; she had only one hour between the time staff admitted her to the Lake Village Arkansas hospital and the delivery of her first child.

His birth certificate marks that joyous event. He entered the world on September 6, 1948. All of God's children make a grand entrance! "We know that we have passed from death to life because we love our brothers. The one who does not love remains in death (1 John 3:14 HCS). Our death certificate cleared the way for God's birth certificate; He seals each one with His authority and Holy Spirit of love.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print