When Tragedy Strikes
by Bob Valleau

A family member dies suddenly from an incurable disease. A storm demolishes your home, causing you to lose everything. Your business goes bankrupt, wiping out your life savings.

When tragedy strikes, how do you handle such loss? Where do you turn for guidance or comfort during moments of uncertainty?

I saw a web site once that offered to help people overcome what they had lost through an unforeseen experience. For a small fee, I could pay a "life coach" to accompany me as I transitioned through the various stages of grief. Of course, it was a humanistic approach to a spiritual need. The web site yelled: "Time heals everything." I wanted to scream back: "Time heals nothing. Only Jesus heals."

The impact of a tragedy is devastating, oftentimes a life-changer. Tragedies cause us to pause and appreciate what we had. We start to see things differently. Maybe we take steps toward finding peace although we may never understand the reason why the tragedy occurred. As believers, we must recognize that Jesus is the ultimate healer of our hurt. No psychological babble or quick-fix formulas will do what only Christ can do for us because His remedy is pure and everlasting.

While realizing the reality of a tragic event, embrace the Savior and allow His love to flood your soul. As you cling to His Word and place your faith in Him . . . He promises to make you whole.

Bob Valleau has over 30 years of writing experience for the Christian market. He was once named Christian Writer of the Year (San Antonio, Texas) by the American Christian Writers Association. He is the author of four books. 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print