Hands Held High
by PamFord Davis

"If you know the answer, raise your hand." I remember elementary school teachers giving this instruction and feelings of pride when confident I knew the correct answer. In my timidity, self-confidence was rare and the surge of assurance rushed through my arm as I waved my hand high above my head.

In contrition and humility, I raise my hands. "Let us examine and probe our ways. And let us return to the Lord. We lift up our heart and hands Toward God in heaven; We have transgressed and rebelled, Thou hast not pardoned (Lamentations 3: 40-42 NAS)." Jeremiah felt forsaken in his deep sorrow over the sin of his people.

Sorrow met sustaining faith in his parting words to the Father. "Restore us to Thee, O Lord, that we may be restored; Renew our days as of old, Unless Thou hast utterly rejected us, and art exceedingly angry with us (Lamentations 5:21-22 NAS)." I raise humbled hands to my Savior and Lord who will never leave me or forsake me. (Matthew 28:20b/ Hebrews 13:5b)

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print