When Our Way is Not The Way
by Nellie Shani

Moses was no ordinary child. The first person who recognized this uniqueness in him was his mother Jochebed. Exodus 2:2 tells us that " . . . When she saw he was a fine child, she hid him for three months." Sometimes I wonder what his mother saw in him that made her so determined to save his life. It was as if she saw that this child had a great purpose cut out for him. Jochebed used her human ability and understanding to keep Moses alive for three months, but when there was nothing more she could do as a human being to save his life from death, God took over.

When God takes over, He overturns what we consider normal,changing them to abnormal. He adds super to our natural, making it supernatural. He immediately changed Jochebed into a highly paid nanny and offered money for her breast milk! Moses stopped sucking free milk from his mother, since his "mother" Pharaoh''s daughter had no milk. Pharaoh's daughter bought breast milk from Jochebed, to feed her own baby!

Moses' parents' home became a special home because a prince was now being brought up there. One day they were an ordinary family in the eyes of the other Israelites, next day their family was known in the palace! I am sure the living standard for the whole family was elevated. The neighbors did not know what good fortune had suddenly come to Amram's (Moses' father) family. God had taken over!

It is God who made Jochebed see that she had given birth to a fine child. Unknown to Moses' family, God had already chosen them to be the prominent family that He was going to use to save the Israelites from cruel bondage. God used the very palace from where the decree to kill the Israelite boys came, to raise up the Israelite that would finally get them out of Egypt.

The Bible does not record how much time Moses spent with his family, or how old he was when he finally moved to the palace. However it was long enough, and he was taught well enough for him to never forget that he was an Israelite "By faith Moses, when he had grown up, refused to be known as the son of Pharaoh's daughter. He chose to be mistreated along with the people of God rather than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a short time" (Hebrews 11:24-25).

Moses knew in his heart, that God had a great work for him to do. He saw how his fellow Israelites were suffering and probably felt that at the right time, he would be able to help free them. That opportunity came when he was forty years old. "When Moses was forty years old, he decided to visit his fellow Israelites. He saw one of them being mistreated by an Egyptian, so he went to his defense and avenged him by killing the Egyptian" (Acts 7:23-24). Moses' method of rescuing his people was by killing the Egyptians! On top of killing the Egyptians, he was also going to try and solve the individual problems that the Israelites had with each other.

Unfortunately the Israelites did not nurse the same vision that Moses had for them. "Moses thought that his own people would realize that God was using him to rescue them, but they did not" (Acts 7:25). The question they asked him was, "Who made you ruler and judge over us?" God had a different way of doing things. God did not need Moses'' help to solve His problem. It is Moses who needed God's help to solve, not Moses' problem, but God's problem. Moses tried to use natural means to solve God's problem while God wanted to use supernatural means.

It is God who called Moses and it was He who knew how He was going to rescue the Israelites through him. By Moses using his own way of solving the problem, he delayed the Israelites from leaving Egypt. Although God had told Abraham that the Israelites would be in Egypt for 400 years, they were there for 430 years. For God to accomplish His purpose for our life, He must take over!

Nellie  Odhuno Shani is a Counselor, Conference speaker and writer. Her first books are available on amazon.com, Barnes and Nobles and on her author's websites.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print