Book Review: "The Well" by Mark Hall
by Robert Driskell

Mark Hall, lead singer of the Christian Band Casting Crowns, delivers his third book in the same entertaining and enlightening manner as the first two. The reader is quick to sense the heart of this writer and his commitment to Jesus and the Gospel.

In "The Well", Mark Hall points out that many Christians draw from all kinds of "holes" of religion, entitlement, the approval of others, discontentment, personal talent and skill, instead of trusting in the true "well" of our relationship with Jesus Christ.

Hall uses humor, emotion, theology, and scripture to present his message, which is gleaned directly from Scripture. Hall includes many personal stories that make the message much more personal for the reader. He encourages believers to "fill up the holes" of self-reliance with the Holy Spirit. He also advises us to develop a moment-by-moment walk with God that will enable us to be sensitive to the voice of God when He speaks to us.

Hall also says that, by cultivating this close walk with Jesus, we will be laying a foundation against the temptations that we each face daily. If our relationship is such that we are talking, and listening, to the Holy Spirit all the time ("praying without ceasing"), the we will be less likely to be caught off guard when temptation or tragedy strikes.

Hall's book came out about two weeks before the release of Casting Crown's latest CD, Come to the Well (releasing October 18, 2011), and should be a great companion to the CD.

I have read all of Mark Hall's books, I own all of Casting Crown's CDs, I have seen them in person, and have heard his testimony several times. He has a heart for God and people. I would highly recommend his books and CDs to Christians, and non-Christians everywhere.


Disclaimer: I was not asked to review this book nor do I receive any compensation for this review.

Seeking to introduce people to Jesus Christ and to help them become "transformed by the renewing of their mind."

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print