Load Up!
by PamFord Davis

Kenwood was a one-man dog. Sure, he was friendly to all in our family but his heart belonged to our son Lee. His large Husky-German Shepherd frame made strangers use caution, yet to us he was playful like a little pup. Kenwood was happiest when at Lee's side and a ride in the pick-up truck brought him delight. "Kenwood, Load up!" He heard Lee's command and jumped up and inside the truck.

Our Good Shepherd calls. "The doorkeeper opens it for him, and the sheep hear his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought all his own outside, he goes ahead of them. The sheep follow him because they recognize his voice. They will never follow a stranger; instead they will run away from him, because they don't recognize the voice of strangers (John 10: 3-5 HCS)."

The voice of the Lord Jesus brings comfort and confidence to my spirit. I recognize His voice of authority and am confident of His protection, provision and faithfulness to keep His promises; following Him is not duty but joy and blessing. I do not want to wander off beyond the sound of His voice and want others to identify me as a one-Lord lamb. My heart belongs to Him and I do not want to miss any chances to hear His tender voice. "Pam, Load up!"

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print