Awesome Potential
by Steve Countryman

When God looks at you He sees you through the shed blood of Jesus Christ His Son. The blood acts like a filter so that all of the sin in your life past, present and future is not visible to God the Father for it has been atoned for. At salvation God places a piece of himself in you and in that piece God sees the awesome potential in you! That piece of God is Jesus Christ His Son! Jesus Christ is deposited in you through the Holy Spirit. Colossians 1:26-27 26the mystery that has been kept hidden for ages and generations, but is now disclosed to the saints. 27To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. This makes ALL saints equal. God is not a respecter of person for He sees the same awesome potential in each of His children. The only differences between us saints is those who have matured enough to access the "awesome potential" of God the Father in themselves through Jesus!

Jesus in you is like a treasure box that has been planted in you. Notice I said treasure box not treasure chest. This box has many hidden compartments. Special keys can only access those compartments. Nine of those compartments are known as the supernatural giftings of the Holy Spirit. 1Corinthians 12:7-11 7Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. 8To one there is given through the Spirit the message of wisdom, to another the message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, 9to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues. 11All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he gives them to each one, just as he determines.

All of the hidden compartments represent the "hidden things" of the God. Some "keys" are revealed in time, as God desires, other "keys" are revealed through the Christian maturing process. All of the hidden things of God are found in God's Word. God has provided "keys" to help unlock those hidden compartments through His Son Jesus Christ. They are found in the character traits of Christ. Some of the "keys" or traits are obedience, dedication, devotion, submission, authority through the Word and the rock solid promises of God. Putting on the mind of Christ, time spent with God the Father in your daily walk of intimacy and in time spent in His Word will enable the Holy Spirit to reveal those hidden things to you.

Mankind is meant for failure by nature, not by design! Because of sin, mankind is doomed to fail but God didn't design man to fail. God created man is His image. That is not an image of failure but of victory and triumph. God has provided a way to redeem His children and save us from an eternal death through the shed blood of His Son Jesus. As Jehovah jireh, God has provided everything we need to live an abundant life here on earth now. The awesome potential that has been placed in each of us makes God's authority, power, unity, grace, mercy, blessings and love available to us now.

It is not the "super spiritual" or the most "knowledgeable" Christians who will carry out and fulfill God's will and plans here on earth. They think that they have figured it all out and by doing so no longer need God as much anymore. God's plans will be fulfilled through you and me! The very ones who think that they are no one important. The ones who think that they are not smart enough. The ones who think that they are not qualified. The ones who are not Bible scholars. The ones who doubt their own abilities. All of these character traits, concerns and weak areas are the very things that God is looking for. God qualifies you for service. Paul said, "God is made strong in my weaknesses". God shines the brightest in your weak areas. It is in your weak areas that you admit that you can't do it but that God can. "I can do all things through Jesus Christ who strengthens me". A better way to think of this verse is God can do ALL things through me for Jesus strengthens me. Jesus Christ is your awesome potential in you!


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print