The Ultimate Gift
by Dana Chaffin

Life is how you live itnot how you spend it.

The Ultimate Gift is an inspirational story about friendship, trust, and values. It explores the connection between money and happiness. Does having lots of money naturally mean that a person has a happy life? The main character, Jason Stevens, thinks that his privileged life is what makes him happy, but is about to find out that true happiness is not like anything he has ever known in his life. The movie is based on the best-selling book by the same name by Jim Stovall. The Ultimate Gift has become much more than just a book or movie, it has started a movement. This movement has people giving to others and strengthening their own family bonds.
The Ultimate Gift movie is the story of Jason Stevens, (Drew Fuller, Army Wives, Charmed) a rich playboy, finding the meaning of his life. When Jason's Grandfather "Red" (James Garner, The Rockford Files, The Notebook) passes away he has no real feelings of compassion and the only concern the entire family has is about what they will get in the will. However; the family is shocked when instead of giving them what they think is their rightful share, Red teaches them all a little humility. Except for Jason, he gives him a crash course on the real meaning of life. Jason is expecting to inherit enough to keep him in the lifestyle he has become accustom. Red has bigger plans to give not money, but a series of "gifts" leading up to the ultimate gift. These gifts are hard lessons for Jason and push him to his breaking point. On this journey he meets a young girl Emily (Abigail Breslin, Rango, Little Miss Sunshine) who is on her own journey of a lifetime. Each of the "gifts" builds character values in Jason's life to make him see that money is not everything. In the end Jason even exceeds his grandfather's expectations.
The Ultimate Gift is a great movie for the entire family. The "gifts" Jason receives in the movie are "gifts" that will last a lifetime. The story drives home the idea that life is a gift, the meaning of life is to find our gift and our purpose in life is to give it away. That true happiness is in loving someone besides ourselves. Packaged inside the DVD is a Bible Study Guide inside to help viewers start discussions with their own families. The various special features on the DVD give viewers other ideas on how to give their families "gifts" this Christmas season. The website www.theultimategift.com also has downloadable guides and other ways to get involved in the movement.

SHARE THE GIFT. CHANGE THE WORLD.

Dana Chaffin is a Christian freelance writer and editor of Certain Cinema magazine who has published many articles on faithwriters.com and other Christian websites.  Passionate about Christian film. www.certaincinema.com Email [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print