Fruitcake Christmas
by Dana Chaffin

Hermie and Friends is an animated DVD series designed for children ages 3 8 years old. This series includes a Christmas video called, A Fruitcake Christmas. Hermie and Friends was created by inspirational author Max Lucado. Along with several DVD titles are Scripture memory song CDs, books, and even a Bible with the lovable characters.
A Fruitcake Christmas was released in 2005 and can be purchased at www.hermieandfriends.com. This video helps kids to see the reason behind giving gifts and the meaning of Christmas. The garden gang of Hermie and Friends lose sight of the meaning of Christmas when Ziggy and Iggy, the greedy cockroaches, take the traditional fruitcake. The gang is so busy grumbling about the missing Christmas food that they miss the reason for the celebration. That is until two of the youngest bugs shows them through their unselfish giving that Christmas is not about the gifts or food, but about the love.
Hermie and Friends uses adorable characters and comical situations to teach kids valuable life lessons such as sharing, friendship and telling the truth. The main character is Hermie (voice of Tim Conway), a cute caterpillar. One of his sidekicks is Wormie (voice of the late Don Knotts), a cuddly little worm. Popular Christian music group Third Day, are the voices of The Water Beetles (Bingo, Stringo, Lingo, and Zingo). Adults will recognize the resemblance of the characters to various popular icons. Other Hermie and Friends titles include: Flo, The Lyin' Fly, Webster, The Scaredy Spider, and Hermie, The Common Caterpillar.
A Fruitcake Christmas is a very creative way to teach young ones about Christmas and that Jesus gave us the best gift ever. You can find out more about the different videos and the other merchandise at www.hermieandfriends.com. Any of the Hermie and Friends videos would make great gifts for all the little ones in your life.

Dana Chaffin is a Christian freelance writer and editor of Certain Cinema magazine who has published many articles on faithwriters.com and other Christian websites.  Passionate about Christian film. www.certaincinema.com Email [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print