Never Forsaken
by Gary J. Borgstede

Scripture

Psalm 37:25 "I have been young, and now am old; Yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken, Nor his descendants begging bread."

Observation

In this verse, King David is simply declaring the faithfulness of God to His people. From the time David was a young man to the time he grew as an old man, he never witnessed any person with faith in the Lord forsaken by Him. And furthermore, he had never seen their descendents left on the street to beg for bread. This is a testament of God's faithfulness to those who believe Him and place their trust in His Sovereign provision and will for their lives.

Application

God promises to be my very present help in time of need and to never leave me nor forsake me. I know that I can trust Him because He says I can trust Him and His faithfulness reaches to the heavens. Even when life seems hard and the storms of trial are blowing strong against me, Jesus says that the person of faith who builds their house on the rock of His Word will stand and not crumble. I believe this because the Lord is good, He is faithful, and His Word is true!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I praise You for You are Jehovah Shammah, the Lord is There! Thank You for always being there with me and for me in every trial and tribulation of life. You alone know every hair on my head and You alone are faithful to fulfill Your Word and Your promises in my life and in my family! I love You Jesus! Amen!

Never Forsaken Copyright 2011, Gary J. Borgstede. You have permission to reprint the personal devotion, Never Forsaken, in its entirety only, and forward to your colleagues and friends, provided the copyright notice remains part of the reprint and transmission. All other rights reserved.

Gary J. Borgstede is the published author of the leadership books titled, The Make It Happen Journey and Kings Come Forth, as well as the faith-based leadership education blog at www.makeithappenmoment.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print