Do You Hear His Footsteps?
by Donald Mehl

If you could know with absolute certainty that Jesus would return in the clouds to rapture His Bride exactly seven days from now, then, how would you choose to spend that time? Your answer to the question will speak volumes about your relationship with the Lord.

Would you spend more time praying, or in the reading of His Word, than you did before?

Would you "clean house" by getting rid of unwholesome things in your personal life, or possessions that you would not want Him to see?

Would you provide comfort and help for the sick and needy?

Would you quickly become motivated and passionate about sharing the saving gospel message with family, friends, or others who are lost because they do not truly know Him as Savior and Lord?

If the truth be known, all of us fall far short of what it means to "live for Him" and to "serve Him only"...all day and everyday...as if our last moments were near. We all fail miserably in our efforts to follow Him as dedicated servants for His kingdom. With seven days notice, I submit that believers everywhere would go into panic mode, and immediately scramble to do those things He requires of His followers.

However, those are things we as believers should be doing all along for His honor and glory. If we are living according to His Will for our lives, then, nothing would need to change. Being ready is not what we do, but rather, is being spiritually prepared to meet Him by consciously and deliberately reaching out to receive His free gift of eternal life available to all who would choose to believe by faith alone.

Scripture warns that Jesus' return at the rapture is imminent...He could call His Bride up to meet Him at any moment...and it will happen without warning. Today might be that day. Listen closely and you can almost hear the footsteps of the Master on the Hills of Glory as He prepares the way. He may already be at Heaven's door about to tell Gabriel to sound the trumpet, then, He will call for His children.

Since Jesus can return at any time...we must be ready all the time. How about you? Are you spiritually ready to meet Him? You must be very sure...for time is drawing short!

During retirement, my prayer is that I might serve the Lord by sharing the Gospel through my writing.  As the Lord leads, my work will inform, challenge and encourage.  I also enjoy Biblical theme woodcarving, Bible studies and Christian music.  Watch, pray and keep looking up!

Donald Mehl

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print