Surrounded
by Steve Countryman

When I was in prayer not too long ago, God gave me a vision of a Christian surround by six individuals in a tight circle. These people didn't look normal but more like heavily disfigured humans. Standing outside this circle was a man. This man was average looking, quiet, and patiently waiting. I didn't understand at first what was taking place but as time went on God explained to me what this all represented. The Christian person in the middle was surrounded by their closest friends and family. All of them were advising this person on what to do. At first I thought it had to do with healing and how everyone has their own ideas on what you should do. But later I found out that it also had to do with advice on all topics as well.

The reason why these friends and family members look the way they do has to do with the worldly influences that they present as advice. It is not a heavenly perspective so their appearance reflects their source of wisdom and knowledge, which is from man. Six of them, in the Bible the number six represents man, man's wisdom, man's knowledge, the best man can do without God and man's corruption. They all think that they each have the best ideas and advice. That you should only listen to them and take their advice. Some have good intentions but bad worldly advice. Most of them are self-absorbed, self-centered and have their own agendas that you fit in. Some advice is to ultimately benefit them not you. They don't even agree with each other most of the time. And none of them will mention prayer, the great physician God and His healing touch or offer Biblical solutions.

All the while the man off to the side stands quietly waiting. He has the answers. He knows what to do. He is able and willing to do it. He is extremely capable. If only the Christian would call on Him! How difficult and frustrating it is to be a person like that. To be qualified, able, willing and eager to help if only someone would trust you enough to give you a try. To have faith in your abilities to help them. That was what God was showing me. That Jesus stands off to the side waiting to help, knowing that He can rescue them if they would only trust Him! Will you include Jesus in your circle? Will you have faith in Him to solve whatever problems you are facing, to have all of your fear and doubt replaced with His super faith and trust and to allow God to be God in your daily life?

Too often we Christians will run to our friends and family for advice and support and leave God out of the picture entirely. God wants to be part of your everyday life. To be involved with ALL of your decisions! Isn't it amazing how you can trust God for your salvation but not with your health needs, financial needs, relational needs and spiritual needs. People will grab up and read a book on spiritual growth that a friend recommended to them but not grab up the Bible! Trusting in Jehovah God who is the God of restoration, the God of new beginnings, the God of second chances, the God of deliverance, the God of freedom, the God of ALL healings, the God who wants to bless you with great blessings, the great warrior God who fights your battles, the God of hope and your future, the God who is always good, the God who is always working for your good and the God who never leaves your side! Whose advice do you trust? Where should you go to get good advice? Who will not steer you wrong? Who has the wisdom and knowledge of the ages to advise you best? It will take your faith and trust to allow God to help you and your problems. Are you ready?!?


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print