The Dance of Life
by Melissa Martin

We are only given a short time to dance upon the earth. Some dance and some chase. Some spend their dance wrapped in financial worries and difficulties; some escape into the dance of alcohol, drugs, gambling, shopping, sexual escapades; some chase fame and fortune; some chase power and prestige; some chase education and knowledge; some chase enlightenment and wisdom; some spend their dance discovering cures for human suffering; some dance with politics and war; some dance with families and children; some dance with disabilities; some boogie with technology; some ballet alone; some chase astrology and aliens; some dance with religion; some dance with travel; some dance in their own backyards without exploring; some die at birth and do not have the opportunity of an earthly dance; some dance with the poor and some dance with the rich; some dance with the young and some dance with the old; some end the dance with suicide; some dance to the tune of homicide; some chase beauty and thinness; some dance with food and obesity; some dance with the environment and nature; some dance in the city; some change partners in the dance; some dance with their culture; some dance with discrimination and hatred; some dance with compassion for humanity; some dance with freedom while others dance in chains; some dance with music and art; some dance in silence, some dance with books and words; some dance with animals; some dance in a wheelchair; some dance with greed; some dance with fear; some chase an adrenaline high; some chase ghosts; some dance in the past and forsake the present; some dance with mental illness and others dance with healing; some dance to their own rhyme and rhythm; some dance to the tune of others; some stumble in the dance and some are resilient; some dance with pain and some dance with pleasure; some dance with kindness; some dance with guilt and unforgiveness; some dance with flowers and others dance with weeds; some dance with a hardened heart while other dance with a soft heart: some dance with gratitude while others shake their fists at heaven; some dance with a wounded soul; some dance with joy and laughter; some dance with tears and tragedy; some dance with dreams; some dance as victims while others dance as survivors; some dance by choice and some dance by force; some dance with democracy and some dance with communism; some dance with angels and some dance with demons.

The dance of life is a circle that ebbs and flows with repeated lessons of learning. The dance steps are never quite mastered. Some waltz while others hip-hop. The dance is not black or white but shades of grey. The dance is paradoxical, complex, and surreal. The dance is enchanting and awe-inspiring. The dance is us and we are the dance.

Sometimes the dance of life slips by us in our youth and old age causes us to ponder and reevaluate our priorities. Some dance with regret and some dance with precious memories. Our earthly dance is only for a brief time.

Melissa writes about the God and human connection and condition.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print