Just Pond Scum Me
by Steve Countryman

That is how I refer to myself before my God. When faced with the reality of God's holiness and His righteousness, in comparison I feel like useless pond scum. Look at all that God has created and the awesome things that God has done and I can't help but to feel that way. It is not false humility but a true reality! God who has created the entire universe and all of its beauty, splendor and expansiveness, how can I compare myself to it other than as a spec, a tiny nothing, useless pond scum. But God, who is from everlasting to everlasting, who knows all about me, He chose me before time began. God who formed me in my mother's womb, who wonderfully made me, who has numbered the hairs on my head and who knows all there is to know about me and still loves me anyway. How great is God? God who can take this worthless pond scum and make me Holy, worthy and righteous! To make pond scum worthy, WOW! I now know that when God said that "HE takes the foolish to confound the wise" that I am the "foolish" that He refers to.

All that God has shared with me and I with you is so far beyond me that it is easy to see that it is not from me. All of you who know me know that it is from God. I pray that God will grant me the wisdom and grace to apply ALL that He has shared with me in my daily life. There is so much but the reward is so great. The journey is worth the trip! I just wanted to let you know that I am just a man with my problems and my troubles. I am no different then anyone else with one exception. I have been set apart as a child of the King just as all whom believe are. I represent God's kingdom everywhere I go and The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are always with me.

Now don't misunderstand me, God's Word states in Psalm 139:14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. I also know that we all are His most treasured and perfect creations; it is the affect that sin has on mankind that makes me pond scum! I am worthless and useless without God. I can do nothing apart from Him except make my life hell! That is why it is so important that our walk of intimacy is a closer walk in Him. To be totally submerged, saturated, engulfed and over our heads in God's bottomless pit of magnificent, outrageous, eternal and unconditional love. Because I am pond scum on my own but God's Shekinah glory shines brightly in all of my weaknesses. God is the strongest in my weaknesses! My weak areas are those areas of my life that I can't get anything accomplished on my own but God can! Where I lack the talent and ability God has His grace to be strong and powerful in me, to me, with me, for me and through me.

Ephesians 2:10 For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Being created in Christ Jesus happens at the time of salvation. A new creature that lives in the natural but who has direct contact with the Father in the Supernatural. "Prepared in advance for us" God has a plan for you. In your walk of habitation, God speaks to you through the Holy Spirit and empowers you with the giftings of the Holy Spirit and authority of Jesus Christ to perform all signs and wonders! Your habitational walk is now a walk of declaration, proclamation, prophesying, revelation, oneness and fullness with the Father. I can't help but be amazed that God is willing and able to do that with 'pond scum'! For God is a faithful and powerful God who loves you so! Are you ready to see what God can do with you?


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print