The Promises Of God
by Gary J. Borgstede

Scripture

2 Corinthians 1:20 "For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us."

Observation

In this verse, the Apostle Paul makes an extraordinary statement that all of God's promises are Yes in Him, and in Him Amen, to His glory through us. Wow! This means that God says Yes to every one of His promises to us that He has made to us in His Word. Furthermore, Webster defines Amen as a solemn ratification which means that God solemnly ratifies each of His promises to us by His Word. Simply put, God will do what He promises to do in His Word because He is not a man that He should lie (Numbers 23:19) and He is faithful (1 Corinthian 1:9).

Application

Regardless of my circumstances in life, I know that God is good, He is faithful, His Word is true, and He will fulfill His promises to me when I place my trust in Him! In fact, in 2 Timothy 2:13, the Apostle Paul says that "if we are faithless, He (the Lord) remains faithful, because He cannot deny Himself." I am grateful that even in the times of my life when I've been faithless, God has remained faithful to fulfill the promises of His Word in my life because He is faithful and He cannot deny Himself. Because the Lord's faithfulness reaches to the clouds (Psalms 36:5) and His mercy endures forever (1 Chronicles 16:34), I have hope in Him that He will solemnly ratify His promises in my life to His glory through us. Amen!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I praise You for You are El Elyon, God Most High, Creator and Possessor of Heaven and Earth! Thank You for the truth of Your Word that brings comfort and peace to my life and my soul! In You alone I place my trust to fulfill Your promises in my life, work all things together for my good, and complete the good work that You have begun in me. I love You Jesus! Amen!

The Promises Of God Copyright 2011, Gary J. Borgstede. You have permission to reprint the personal devotion, The Promises Of God, in its entirety only, and forward to your colleagues and friends, provided the copyright notice remains part of the reprint and transmission. All other rights reserved.


Gary J. Borgstede is the published author of the leadership books titled, The Make It Happen Journey and Kings Come Forth, as well as the faith-based leadership education blog at www.makeithappenmoment.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print