Not A Happy Camper
by PamFord Davis

"I'm not a happy camper" has become a catch phrase to vent our frustrations in trying experiences. Our family has not only enjoyed recreational camping but also full-time occupancy at nearly primitive campgrounds, to five star RV Resorts. I have met many happy campers and a few who were relieved when it was time to take down the tent or disconnect their RV from the water and sewer, electric and cable TV and get back on the road.

The Apostle Peter shared personal experiences of a tent dweller ready to continue on life's journey. He described his body as a tent. "I consider it right, as long as I am in this tent, to wake you up with a reminder, knowing that I will soon lay aside my tent, as our Lord Jesus Christ has also shown me. And I will also make every effort that after my departure you may be able to recall these things at any time (2 Peter 1:13-14 HCS)."

The Big Fisherman likely recalled unhappy times after deserting Jesus and warming himself around the campfire of scoffers. As an important part of preparation for departure, he brought God's word of correction, challenge and comfort to fellow campers. He had the wisdom to know that life is fleeting and earth is not our home. At Pentecost, a tongue of fire rested upon him and set his heart ablaze with the Holy Spirit's power and authority. Peter became a fisher of men, journaling messages on how to become happy campers!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print