Trust
by Steve Countryman

Trust is a simple word but invokes lots of feelings within us. It is something that people must earn for you to trust them. Most con men have learned how to present themselves as trustworthy to be able to con you out of something. Putting your trust in someone that lets you down or fails you happens to everyone. Maybe it was someone who was close to you and abused your trust. All of these makes trusting someone harder once it has happened to you. Trust then becomes a thing that we keep protected and guarded behind a wall of distrust. We limit access to our trust to a very select few if at all. If you don't trust then you can be let down, abused or ripped off.

Trust is a key component of faith just as faith is a key component of believing. If you have faith in someone or in their ability then you have trust in them. You believe them. Where there is no trust there is no faith. One can't exist without the other. Trust is tied directly to your belief system. You can't trust someone that you don't believe. Unfortunately we tend to treat God the same way that we treat others when it comes to trust. The problem with that is that it damages our faith in Him. That is why trust is so important in your relationship with the Father. How much trust do you have? If you believe in God, His Word and all that He can do, does your level of trust equal that of your faith? A little trust equals a little faith. Faith is the confidence that we have in our mighty God. Trust is the assurance in our God's ability to do what He says that He will do! The enemy of trust is the same enemy of faith that is fear. Doubt is the same as fear because when you doubt you fear what may or may not happen. Amazing that Christians will trust God for their salvation but not with their money or their problems. "Submit and commit ALL things to the Lord!"

Matthew 6:28-30 "And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? Revelation 3:17 You say, 'I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.' But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. When you worry you show lack of trust in your God's ability to be your Jehovah jireh, your great provider. Putting your trust and faith in wealth, money and investments will not save you from ruin. Trusting in a lie to justify your sins will lead to destruction!

Our God is trustworthy and has earned it. Our God is faithful and has proved it. Remember that God will never leave you nor forsake you. God will never let you down. And God never changes. When you pray, believe that you will receive whatever you ask in the name of Jesus and you will receive it. Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; Isaiah 26:4 Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD, is the Rock eternal. Trusting that God will take care of you, guide you, protect you and keep you. Yes you have to use the common sense that God gave you to live in the natural world, but God will watch over you in the natural and the supernatural worlds. Praying, trusting that what you prophesied in the Spirit will come to pass. Because of your trust and faith your level of expectation and anticipation is now higher and greater then before. "To declare that which is snot as if it were." You will witness the miracles, signs and wonders that your God will perform!

How effective are your prayers if you don't believe that God will hear and answer your prayers? How much faith do you have to have to trust that the God you serve is able and willing to bless you beyond your wildest imagination? How much doubt does it take to nullify a prophetic spoken word? It is easy to see that faith works on the positive side of believing and fear works on the negative side of believing. Both take believing, which do you put your trust and faith in?


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print