Spiritual and Religious Change
by Melissa Martin

Many individuals search for self-improvement, transformation, and life-altering change in religion and/or spirituality. Prior to seeking counsel from professional helpers, persons sought advice from clergy. Western (e.g., Zoroastrianism, Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Sikhism, Native American Church, and African American Churches) and Eastern religions (e.g., Hindu, Shinto, Jainism, Buddhism, Confucianism, and Taoism) are sources of inspiration for the masses. Changed lives are testimonials of many and some studies report increased health benefits with prayer, gatherings, and the concepts of confession and forgiveness.

An authority in the field of religion and spirituality, Harold Koenig cited 1,100 empirical studies on religion, spirituality, and health, and co-edited, The Handbook of Religion and Health. Exploring the spiritual dimension of your life is an option for growth, development, transformation and change. Many individuals explore the following questions when they partake in a spiritual journey to the soul as a way to promote, influence, or enhance change.

Reflection:
How does religion or spirituality facilitate your personal change?
What is the meaning of life? What is the meaning of my life and your life?
What is the purpose of life? What is the purpose of my life?
What is my mission or calling? How do I find it?
What lessons do I need to learn?
How can I help others? How can I make a difference in the world?
Do I want to study religion or spirituality? How will it help me?
Do I believe in an afterlife? Do I want to explore the meaning of death?
Do I want to learn about religion and spirituality in other cultures?
Am I comfortable with my cultural views?
Is change a by-product of spirituality?
How can I find inner peace & peace of mind?
Does spirituality lead to contentment?
Do I possess a spiritual core?
Will religion help me to solve my problems?
Will God or my higher power help me change?
Is there a force greater than human beings?

Reflect upon why you believe what you believe.

Melissa writes about the God and human connection and condition.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print