Three Little Pigs-Straw, Sticks or Bricks?
by PamFord Davis

The Three Little Pigs each faced the task of house construction and selected building materials for their dream homes. Two cut corners, saved time and money with straw and sticks as their building materials; they took great satisfaction in knowing they finished building long before the third. The friends laughed at him for working while they played; he had decided bricks were best for building a sturdy house.

Paul, as a bi-vocational preacher built tents to raise money, yet offered wise advice to those choosing to build a solid structure. "For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, each one's work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one's work, of what sort it is (1Corinthians 3:11-13 NKJ)."

Shoddy construction cannot stand the tests of time, wildfires and storms; two playful pigs were no match for a Big Bad Wolf as he huffed, puffed and blew their shacks down. A diligent, industrious pig's work proved solid and substantial, he had been successful in his undertaking. Child readers learned a valuable lesson through a simple story. A job worth doing is worth the effort people take, and the selection of right materials is where the work begins. Thanks to the Lord and Paul's pen, I can have a life founded on faith that endures and a heavenly dream home awaits me.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print