Hang In There
by David Story

He could have let me die, there's no doubt.
But He had a plan for me. Scratch that He has a plan for me.

When I was in the hospital (diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver), I remember the doctor telling my wife and my brother that I might not make it.

Might not make it. Might die!

Actually, it was my wife who told me later that that's what the doctor had said. She also told me about how, on her way home from the hospital, she pulled over to the side of the highway, stopped the car, and cried out to God on my behalf.

Now, I can't begin to explain the power of prayer. I can't explain why God chose for me to live (and believe me, I did not deserve to) and yet in one terrifying moment, on a September morning in 2001, so many lost their lives. It defies logic. It's too big for me to understand.

But this I do know. I know that my Redeemer lives! And He is a gracious and faithful and merciful God.

And for me, He is a God of second, and third, and fourth chances

----

I don't know where you may be as you read this, if you're experiencing doubts and fears.

Or maybe you've just come to your end.

Hang on don't give up!

He has a plan for me, and He has a plan for you.

And remember, that our God, who never changes, who is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrowloves you.

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." - Jeremiah 29:11 (NLT)

And sometimes we need to be reminded, of what we already know so well.

----------

__________

Whispers is now available in paperback:
Purchase your copy:
http://www.amazon.com/Whispers-David-Story/dp/1615792643/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1263831037&sr=8-1

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print