A Closer Walk
by Steve Countryman

Back in 2006 God started sharing so much with me about a closer walk that he desires. God desires to have an intimate encounter with us daily. So He sent His Son Jesus Christ to die upon a cross for our sins. God is a God of restoration. To restore what had been stolen. The close intimate relationship walk that man had with God. Jesus became that bridge to the Father that man had given away when he sinned. We now have through Jesus Christ the ability to come to the Father before His throne. Access to the Father that has not existed since Adam walked with God in the garden. A closer walk! When your walk with the Lord gets closer and closer, more intimate, your vision becomes clearer. Opportunities are more clearer.

When Jesus walked the Earth, He was God as man. There was no doubt in Him or in His abilities. The Father was totally and completely in Him and He was totally and completely in the Father. John 14:9 "Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father." John 14:7 "If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him." Jesus is our role model as He was on Earth. Jesus walked with the Father daily. He spent time with the Father daily. Jesus did only what the Father told Him to do. He was totally submitted and committed to the Father's will.

When our walk starts, we like to think of our walk as being a side-by-side close walk. But instead it is side-by-side walk with a distance between God and us. Our vision or perspective is not very clear and somewhat hazy at times. The walk is not what we try to make it. We have to eliminate the trash, barricades, obstacles and hindrances that we put between God and us. Those things that are not more important than God. Things like sinful habits, addictions, un-forgiveness, pride, selfishness, disobedient, hateful and God on our terms.

It is a walk of total agreement and alignment with His will, Word and purpose. It is when our walk is free of our junk that it becomes closer to Him and our vision is sharper and more focused. We see the Father more clearly and our understanding is made more complete. We are more positioned to be blessed, positioned to be used for His service and positioned to be more intimate with the Father. It is in the intimate walk that the Father can share hidden things with you. Fresh revelations comes more often. You share intimate things with the Father and He with you. Communication between you and the Father is clearer. You begin to hear His voice more easily than ever before.

Your walk is then a more intimate relationship walk with the Father. As you spend time in His Word and time with Him in prayer you get to know the Father better and now it is a closer walk. The distance between you and God as you walk is now disappearing as you draw closer to God the Father. Father God is totally in His Son Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ His Son is totally in you and you are totally in Jesus Christ His Son and Jesus Christ His Son is totally in the Father. It would be like looking at a "V" shape. You are at the top left and Father God is at the top right with Jesus down in the middle joining the two. The relationship is now complete! You now can say anyone who has seen me has seen the Father! I am!!!


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print