Keep The Faith
by Cindie York

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see. Hebrews 11:1 (NLT)

Faith is about trusting and believing. Faith is an act of will. It is our choice to believe or not believe. The Bible tells us to possess child-like faith that doesn't doubt God.

It is by faith that we understand that the universe and all creation were formed by God. (Hebrews 11:3) Salvation itself is based on faith as we love and trust in God who we have never seen. (1 Peter 1:8-9)

The Scriptures explain in Matthew 17:20 that faith the size of a mustard seed will move mountains.

God's Word promises that we can pray for anything and if we believe, we will have it (Mark 11:24) and that testing of our faith produces patience and builds strong character. (James 1:2-4)

We are shown in Hebrews 11 many people who were blessed because of their faith in an awesome, all-powerful God.

*Enoch was taken up to Heaven without dying. (11:5)
*Noah built an ark for him and his family to escape a flood even though it had never rained before and filled it with two of every animal. By faith and obedience both he and his family were saved and chosen to replenish the earth. (11:7)
*Sarah, who was barren, had a child in her old age. (11:11)
*By faith, Moses was able to lead the multitude of Hebrew children out of bondage, parted the Red Sea, obtained the Ten Commandments and commanded plagues on Egypt. (11:24-29)
*Joshua and his people of Israel marched around Jericho seven days and the walls of the city tumbled down (11:30)

To name just a few more examples of outstanding acts of faith:
*By faith, Daniel wasn't harmed by the lions when he was placed in the den among them. (Daniel 6)
*Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego weren't harmed when they were thrown into the fiery furnacebecause they had faith in the God they served. (Daniel 3)
*Little David killed the giant Goliath with one round stone and a slingshot. (1 Samuel 17)
*Elijah was fed by ravens and sent fire down from Heaven (1 Kings 17-18)

There are just so many wonderful acts of faith throughout the Bible. All of these people mentioned earlier put their faith into action, yielded everything to God, and put their full trust in Him. They didn't waver but allowed God to do the work. Doubt only hinders the outcome. Hebrews 9:23, states that anything is possible if we believe. God stands on His promises and doesn't lie. God sent His Word for us to gain wisdom, strength, and grow in faith. We are to take this blessed Word and apply it to our current situations, our lives, our walks, our trials, our circumstances.

Do you want victory, healing, deliverance, growth, peace, joy? Maybe that obstacle you are facing seems too enormous. Maybe your trial seems like a hopeless situation. Pray about it and believe God to do the work for you just as He did for the multitudes throughout history. You are no different than Noah, Sarah, Moses, or Daniel. God has no respect of persons and what He did for one, He will do for another, if we only believe and keep the faith. The word if is the key word.

Perseverance and faith is necessary to overcome life's trials. Remember faith equals power, so the enemy will try every way to bring doubt, wavering, and stifling. He will attempt to hinder every great work. So, recognize any trick he may try to throw in your path and don't give him a foothold.

Our faith must be exercised in order to expand, so we must praise God through the testing of our faith and continue to praise God regardless of the appearance of the current situation, knowing God is working on our behalf and that He knows precisely what we need and when we need it! God is always on time. The most important thing we can do is trust in Him and keep the faith.

I have been a Christian for 23 years.  I enjoy Bible study and growing in the knowledge of God's word.  I literally want to soak up God's Word like a sponge.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print