To Occupant
by PamFord Davis

I show little attention or interest to mail I find in my box addressed to "occupant." It makes me feel like a "Jane Doe" with no identity or personal ties to the sender. They have just placed me in a computerized mailing list to appear on envelopes or fliers. A company has somehow singled me out as occupant of my mailing address.

If an interested party were writing to the occupant who dwells in us, they would be targeting truth. "The elder to the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth, and not only I but also all who know the truth, because of the truth which abides in us and will be with us for ever (2 John: 1-2 RSV)."

Special delivery carriers would direct items addressed to occupant with additional attributes of God. "Grace, mercy, and peace will be with us, from God the Father and from Jesus Christ the Father's Son, in truth and love (2 John: 3 RSV)." The Lord Jesus does not merely occupy space; He abides within to transform our house into His home.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print