Judas the traitor
by Michael Hume

Judas used to help himself to money which really belonged to Jesus and all the disciples. Judas also sided with the priests to betray Jesus.

If Jesus was betrayed by someone close to him, it may be that God will want us to experience something similar. Not all people we meet and interact with will be constant and true friends.

But Jesus is constant. He is the one to stick close to. Even if people betray us, Jesus will stand by us as a loyal, trustworthy friend. He will guide us away from betrayers, and into a life free of them.

God used Judas to help towards Jesus's execution. It was God's will that Jesus should be crucified to die for our sins, and rise so that we too would rise with him. Into a heavenly life starting here on earth. God sometimes uses people like Judas in our lives to fulfil his purpose in our lives.

God had Jesus's best interests at heart and ours, when he let Jesus suffer a little. The outcome of that was monumental. Millions, or billions of people have been saved for a heavenly life because of Jesus's death, burial and rising.

Similarly God has a purpose in mind when we are tested by betrayers. God also has our welfare in mind when putting us through unpleasant trials. He will also provide the way out.

The Pharisees wanted Jesus out the way, so did Pilate. The crowd around Pilate were vicious and bloodthirsty baying for Jesus' blood. So they all played a part. Sometimes we might get a mob of people violently hating us too.

Why would God put Judas among Jesus and eleven faithful friends and disciples? Because God uses the godless to put the Godly through trials. That is one of Gods ways of increasing the glory of the saints, and fulfilling His plans.

Jesus asked God to forgive the people who wanted him dead. As he was dying he prayed that way. Stephen also when being stoned to death by an evil crowd of people also asked God to forgive his attackers. They both were exactly right with God for their attitude. We too can forgive and should.

Michael Hume. The Holy Spirit teaches you everything.  Copyright belongs to author.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print