Life is Relationships
by Melissa Martin

Think about it. Life is about being in relationships. You began life by being in a relationship with your parents, caregivers, or guardians. You developed a relationship with your siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and relatives. You developed a relationship with your babysitter, daycare attendants, or other caregivers. You developed relationships with people at your church, temple, synagogue, mosque, or place of spiritual communion. As you grew, you developed a relationship with friends and people outside of your family circle. For twelve years you developed relationships with teachers, coaches, and peers in the school system. Many of you developed relationships with stepparents and stepsiblings. You are thinking about or in the process of developing a relationship with a partner. You developed a relationship with your boss and coworkers. For the first eighteen years of your life, you have been learning how to be in relationships with others. Some relationships are permanent and some are temporary. After high school graduation, you will develop new relationships with others. Think about it. For the first eighteen years, you have been learning how to be in a relationship with yourself. Think about your relationship with self and with others. List the strengths and weaknesses of your relationships and how to make improvements, changes, and enhancements. Reflect upon communication (i.e., listening, talking, and use of language (words), resolving conflicts, cooperation, compromises, and emotional connections.

Are your needs met in your relationships?
Do you meet the needs of others in your relationships?
Do you need to learn more about how to be in healthy relationship with yourself and with others?

Each second, minute, and moment is an opportunity to build stronger relationships.


Melissa writes about the God and human connection and condition.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print