Why the Church is Corrupt
by Osita Eze

The Church is corrupt, not because it was created to be so but because it is filled with mixed multitude. The contemporary global Church is filled with Church'goers' which include nominal Christians and the true believers. This is far from what was applicable in the Church established by the Lord Jesus where members exhibited godly character. The situation is even worse now because everyone is considered a Christian simply because he/she attends Church services and programmes.But the truth is this: not all Church'goers' are real Christians but all Christians are Church'goers'.It is quite unfortunate that these nominal Christians would never agree that they are not real Christians.
Nominal Christians are 'Christians' who exist as if they are real. They believe in the existence of God but do not have respect and love for Him as much as the real Christians do. They only pay lip-service to Him. This is not to say that the nominal Christians do not hear the same gospel as much as true Christians. What differentiates both is their attitude to the gospel of the Lord Jesus.
According to Luke chapter 8:4-14, there are three categories of nominal Christians.Those in the first category hear the word of God but it does not have any impact on them. They attend services yet the gospel they hear creates no joy in them. They are men and women without understanding of God's word.As a result of this, they are not enlightened.
The second category is made up of people who received the gospel joyfully but their joy did not last long.They lost their joy and fervency when their faith was tested during the time of temptation. Consequently, they fell back to perdition.
The third group are they which heard the word of God went forth and were concerned with the cares, riches and pleasures this world could offer them. They are more concerned with the applause of men and the satisfaction that they could derive from worldly pursuit. They forget that "all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes and the pride of life is not of the Father" (1 John 2:16).They, thus, make themselves enemies of God.
Real Christians are people who heard the word of God, keep its teachings and bring forth fruit with patience.However, they are very few in number all over the world.
You do not need to pretend. Jesus Christ is coming back for the true Christians. It is never too late to join the true Church. Are you a part of the corruption in the Church or you are making efforts to correcting it? There are only two things you can do about the gospel; believe it and behave it everyday of your life.




My name is Osita Eze.I am from Nigeria.I am a christian.I am committed to raising God's kingdom builders on the surface of the earth.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print