Should we celebrate Christmas?
by Marie Grossett

It was a winter Saturday Afternoon when a friend and I went on a shopping spree. During our spree I decided to do some Christmas shopping and I noticed that my friend wasn't doing any.

"You better start doing your Christmas shopping," I told her, "Don't leave it until the last minute or you'll be rushed off your feet."
"I'm not celebrating Christmas," She astoundingly said, "After finding out it was originally a pagan religion where false gods were worshipped and people were allowed to have sexual intercourse with anyone they met providing they had a mistletoe. They just turned it into the celebration of our Lord's birth to cover their own backs."

"You know the scripture which goes something like what Satan meant for evil God will turn it around for good?" I replied, "Well that is exactly what he did with Christmas! Yes it was originally a pagan religion but this is the one time in the year where the majority of people come together and talk about the birth of Christ. Schools do the nativity play there are religious movies on television, this is worldwide witnessing I get excited about Christmas."

Hopefully she saw sense, but whether Christ was born on this day or not, whether the origins of Christmas was a pagan religion, don't let that put you off celebrating the one time in the year where most people are cheerful, families get together, and the one time in the year where we can really witness to others about Christ.

As Christians this is our time to show the world's Christ love for us.


Marie Grossett aka Vanessa Grossett is a published Author, and has interviewed best selling and award winning Christian Authors.

She is a Literary Agent at The Authors Care Services ltd. www.theauthorscare.co.uk [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print