Heated Incense
by PamFord Davis

Winter cold has already targeted much of America and hit the bull's-eye with below freezing temperatures and record-breaking early snowstorms. Millions were without heat for their homes when tree branches gave way under the weight of snow across electric company lines; power outages increase popularity of alternate heating sources. Our populace operates many of our household appliances and gadgets by electricity; we are notably frustrated when they shut down. The absence of heat can lead to hyperthermia and death.

My family now, as often in the past, uses propane gas to heat our home; if ice storms pack a punch we can be toasty inside our house. As with most heating solutions, there are advantages and disadvantages. We must be alert or we might run out of propane. It is bottled and consumers have small cylinders refilled or request a local provider to make deliveries at their home, pumping propane into a large storage tank. I have experienced bitter cold inside my home; we ran out of propane, the flame died out and heating ceased.

We can snuff out gossip; individuals and groups must fuel storytelling to keep wildfires raging. "Fire goes out for lack of fuel, and tensions disappear when gossip stops (Proverbs 26:20 Living Bible)." We usually receive an unpleasant warning just before we run out of propane; a very offensive odor begins to appear; we have suspected the presence of a dead animal under the house. The tales of gossips "stink to high heaven" and that alone should serve as warning. The scent will disappear quickly if I fill the air with heated incense of kindness and mercy; I fuel love through the oil of the Holy Spirit.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print