Endurance
by Michael Hume

Jesus encouraged, "By your endurance you will gain your lives." Luke 21.19

Endurance means doing something longer than perhaps you previously thought. If you are used to praying an hour a day and then jump to 4 you are enduring longer in prayer. If you read the Bible for an hour a day and then it becomes 3 hours you endure more in that specific activity.

By doing more and reflecting I was able to see that God designed me for intercession. It was my calling and one of my life's vocations. I was gaining my heavenly life here on earth.

By reading the Bible more, I was able to hear and learn from God directly.

Running was something I enjoyed. When I did endurance distances like marathons I realised that it was also something God designed me for. The more I ran the more I realised that it was one of my God-given purposes.

Finally trials. Though uncomfortable enduring through them till Gods purpose is complete builds up the faith character in us. In the long run it benefits us and gives us more Jesus-like traits, holiness, faith, inner ruggedness and so on.

It seems that if you do more of something as long as God leads you into it, you find your calling in life. You can identify many distinct purposes. You also find freedom, happiness, peace, contentment and enjoyment.

Michael Hume. The Holy Spirit teaches you everything.  Copyright belongs to author.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print