Worship God
by Michael Hume

"The hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshippers will worship the Father in spirit and truth." John 4.23

Only once when I was kneeling on the floor in my room did I worship God. And that was only for about 30 to 180 seconds it seemed. I was in Gods presence, the worship came from deep within and it seemed that God turned it on, then turned it off. It was in spirit and I could only think of that one thing. It occupied me for those moments. It was what I was most conscious of. That was all He wanted to reveal to me at that time, and wanted me to do. To worship Him and He is the only Being I can truly worship. It is most natural, spontaneous and absolutely right. God is in control of the worship from me to Him.

Instantly I knew that was what God designed me for. And it made me deeply glad.

Since then I have praised and thanked God thousands of times and have said that I adore Him and worship Him. But saying I worship Him has never been as sincere or real as actually worshipping Him. I still say to God today that I worship Him, but it is an expression from me and a reminder to me. But it is not worship in truth or in spirit. Not to me it's not.

After Jesus rose from death, Mary Magdalene and another Mary met Jesus, "Took hold of his feet and worshipped him." Matthew 28.9 They worshipped him directly in his presence.

Anna, the prophetess was a holy woman She spent a lot of her time in a temple "Worshipping with fasting and prayer, night and day." Luke 2.37 Different people worhip God in different ways and places.

It would be wonderful to worship Him again and I expect I will. Till then I will still keep looking towards Him. I have been in Gods presence many times. Other times He might want me to listen to Him, or observe some truth about Him. So worshipping Him is not always on the agenda when in His presence.

Michael Hume. The Holy Spirit teaches you everything.  Copyright belongs to author.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print