Crockpot (not crackpot) Queen
by Melissa Martin

Yes, I cook 'bout everything in a crockpot these days. After years and years, and more years (I be getting old) of homemade goodies and cook'in from scratch, I turned to crockpot (big, little, and in-between crockpots; white, green, and multicolored ones) cook'in. Betty Crocker cookbooks no more, I'm using Crockpot cookbooks. Now, of course I don't cook my holiday ham in a crockpot or the Thanksgiving turkey. That would be silly.

"Grandma, what do ya want for your birthday?" My little ones ask me.

"Honey, just get me another crockpot." I say and I really mean it. I've been want'in a little pot to melt my cheese in.

I even got some of the women at church hooked on crockpot cook'in. One Sunday at the church dinner, the pastor's wife had to go to the local Dollar Store to buy some extension cords to plug'em all in. The pastor called me the Crockpot Queen. My husband laughed and said I was really the Crackpot Queen. Well, he wasn't laugh'in when I got him home.

Yes, I cook 'bout everything in a crockpot these days.

Melissa writes about the God and human connection and condition.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print