Indicted At Church
by Fredrick Nicholson

Last night I was called out. I heard the bailiff call my name loud and clear among the defendants in this case. It was an ordinary Wednesday night; the usual dedicated gallery in attendance. Spirits were high as we stood to proclaim The Righteous Judge King of kings and Lord of lords.

But once we were seated the mood shifted a bit. The prosecuting attorney started with a question. "What did you do with last Sunday's notes?". Uh Oh, I thought." You are being charged with being a professional hearer, but a novice doer under the statute James chapter one verse twenty two of the Holy Bible. You've been taking great notes for years. Volumes of notetakers later, you now have enough Word to have been much further along in your walk than you are now. You have not entered into His rest according to Hebrews chapter 4 because you have not mixed what you have heard with faith; therefore you have not seen manifestation. ". His voice began to fade as The Voice behind the voice became prominent.
"Good job on the Library of notes though. They need to be more than just reference material. You've spent more time figuring out how to teach or preach the notes rather than actually applying them to your life. Where are the results? I am certainly not slack concerning my promises. Its time for you to perfect doing the Word."

The gallery quickly became the Grand Jury. Each person signing his or her own indictment. There were no feelings of condemnation, just quiet conviction as we left. Court was never adjourned. There was no need. One by one we gave our offering, greeted one another and left. It was as if Sean Connery (The Untouchables) grabbed each of us by the collar and said "What are you prepared to do?" I have a sneaky suspicion we are not the only guilty parties.

Copyright 2011  by Fredrick F. Nicholson  all rights reserved

Fredrick F. Nicholson is a worship leader at New Life Interfaith Ministries which has two campuses, in Bessemer and Birmingham Alabama. You can read his blog @ http://fredrickfnicholson.wordpress.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print