Frosty's Furrows
by PamFord Davis

We are country dwellers and stray dogs and cats are frequently showing up at our door; we kept a beautiful white female cat, who I named "Frosty." Our home is in the midst of wheat fields and Frosty has proven to be an excellent mouser as she roams the fields and wooded areas. I witnessed her making a return-trip one day last week. As I stood at my kitchen sink and glanced out the window, I saw her running from the woods across a furrowed field, towards our house. The sight was a "Kodak moment;" the contrast of dazzling white fur above freshly tilled soil caught my eye; her determination to return to her home captured my heart.

My spirit anticipates a trip home; I know the Lord Jesus will meet me and believe His promises of preparing a place especially for me. I strayed from His flock was lost and hurting; He rescued me, placed me in a green pasture, provided food from His storehouse and healed my wounds. I have the opportunity to work in His fields and to pray for others to join in His harvesting. The field is at my door and I need not be blind to the white that surrounds me. "Behold, I say to you, lift up your eyes, and look on the fields, that they are white for the harvest (John 4:35b NAS)." The Lord wants to gather in the strays; He is the keeper of the flock!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print