Thrones for Tricycles
by PamFord Davis

The rise and fall of political leaders makes big news; reporters daily highlight someone locally, nationally or internationally either ascending or descending the staircase of governmental greatness. Some truly aspire to don the role of public servant. Multitudes seek acclaim of crowds while wielding power over others; they enthrone themselves and oppress the meek. Problems even surfaced within the group of Jesus' Twelve Disciples. Each had answered a call to leave all behind, pick up their cross, and follow him.

Jesus' disciples dreamed of dominance aside their Lord in his coming kingdom. Brothers even tried to wield their way into places of honor to the left and right of his throne. (Mark 10:37) They had a lot to learn. The Master calls faithful followers to sacrifice thrones for tricycles. Men of greatness have turned to Christ in simple childlike faith. "Then he said, 'The truth is, you must change your thinking and become like little children. If you don't do this, you will never enter God's kingdom (Matthew 18:3 ERV)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print