Spill It!
by PamFord Davis

You stand before someone who knows you as well as the palm of his or her hand. Seconds segue into eternity, you try to find the right words yet falter and fidget. They poke and prod with knowing eyes and finally unable to stand the suspense they say, "Spill it!" You unload your burden and feel the weight of worries and woes fall from stooped shoulders.

Christ stooped to the level of sinful man, bore the burden of our guilt and shame, and transformed weight of worry into worship and praise. He not only wants us to pour out our hearts but to spill sorrows. "I cry aloud to the Lord; I lift up my voice to the Lord of mercy. I pour out my complaint before him; before him I tell my trouble (Psalm 142:1-2 NIV)."

Why do I writhe in emotional pain when simple stress morphs into a monster of distress? The creator of the universe slays menacing dragons with the sword of his word and is at my beckoning call for help around the clock and encircling the globe. I need only to listen for his pointed words, "Spill it!" He has written me on the palm of his hand (Isaiah 49:16)

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print