Tied Up in Little Nots
by PamFord Davis

Have you ever considered the force of little words? "But" is one of my favorites; when I am delving into a scripture passage and stumble upon "but," I realize there has been a marked change in a situation. I celebrate the frequency of "not" in descriptions of the Christian life. Troubles tempt us to turn back yet we are not destined to live in despair.

"We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed (2 Corinthians 4:8-9 KJV)." The response to difficulties rests in our resolve to focus on eternal security. We find strength to endure and peace through God's precious promises.

"While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal (2 Corinthians 4:18 KJV). Tie a "knot" at the end of your rope and hang on; "not" is a word of hope and victory!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print