"Beauty" Is the Word
by Janice S Ramkissoon

I asked God 'What can I do for you today? Make me a vessel in use for you to help someone today'. "Beauty" is the word I received.

He wants to make you beautiful again. Won't you turn to Him today? The longer you leave it the more your beauty fades. A beautiful smile, though crippled with pain. You know! The hidden pain that finds you telling everyone you're fine. Then at home your true colours shine:

Asking God "Why?"

You attend church for release, hoping Christ to meet. But instead, you're greeted by imperfect beings. Anger and resentment builds up over time, being saved becomes a thing of the past. Worship! What worship? It's self-pity time. Time to retreat.

If you find yourself in this position or anything remotely close to it, that's a red flag on your spiritual journey. It's a warning sign that the enemy is still in control. The cloud is still over you, the residue is still on you. You're lost but he doesn't want you to know. You see everyone through your natural eyes and not that of Christ. Being in a place of darkness, negativity is all you are exposed to and therefore, you are magnetically drawn to this way of life.

Your mountains seem so much higher than they actually are and you feel no one's there. Years of prayers, begging and pleading, seems unanswered. You carry the hurt so deep inside that no one recognises the pain you wear.

Your light has grown dim. You've become weak and constantly complain. Negativity rules your day. Now that help has arrived, you don't know how to recognise it. So you turn help away. And help will come again and find you still turning it away, for without light you cannot see what's in sight.

For years you've lived on the borderline, afraid to commit. You feel ugly inside and your reflection, you no longer recognise. Resentment and anger has found a hiding place in your heart and slowly your beauty fades.

That was not the way you were designed. You've forgotten the beautiful creation God made.

You're not alone. Many have travelled that path before and today, having made an attitude change, can say: 'Looking back going over the years, through the hurt and the pain, still we overcame. Mountains high, Valleys low but with God on our side, yes, we overcame'*.

By faith, just step over into grace and access all that's in store for you. The enemy may have set you up for a fall but God has a plan for your future and He will (if you allow Him) make it work for your good. "All things work together for good, to them that love the Lord" (Romans 8:28). So start to give Him the praise for you've been loosed from those chains. He is longing for a relationship with you. Won't you let Him in and let Him take control? He'll clean you up.

The enemy has poisoned your mind against the things of Christ so, your moulding process will hurt. But you must go through this process to become beautiful again. You've tried other avenues and still beauty fades. It's time to give God a try. He won't let you down. To that I can testify.

Copyright J. S. Ramkissoon 2007

*Theme song from the musical 'Gospel Glory!' (Song title unknown - written by Esther Blake/Denise Wisdom/Neville Kelly)

Janice, a freelance writer, lives in the UK and enjoys spending time with her husband, Vince and their son, Javin.  She uses her gift to encourage others towards a deeper relationship with God, through her inspirational pieces while her travel articles provide general advice for the holiday-maker.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print